About Us: What We Do
Formed in 2015 as a 501(c)3, Patients Rising has developed a significant following of over 110,000 patients and caregivers and has guided more than 25,000 of them on their journeys to advocate for themselves and their loved ones to get the care and treatments they need to live a fulfilling life.
To provide education, resources, and advocacy for people living with chronic and life-threatening illnesses.
An inclusive healthcare system where all patients have transparent, affordable access to the treatments they need.
Tools for Empowerment
Education and Direct Support
Our Patient Education and Support platform includes the Patients Rising Concierge portal, the weekly Patients Rising Podcast, as well as Patients Rising University, our online and in-person education program, all accessed via PatientsRising.org.
- The Patients Rising Concierge provides direct, personalized access to information, and a network of public and nonprofit programs and resources.
- Patients Rising Podcast digs deep into the week’s healthcare policy issues and how they impact patients. Episodes feature the latest news, in-depth discussions with policymakers and patient advocates, and updates from patient correspondents around the country. View our Podcast Prospectus.
- Patients Rising University provides access to reliable, expertly curated information via learning modules that include traditional content, videos, E-Books, and infographics.
Our Patient Advocacy platform provides a full suite of advocacy initiatives. It focuses on cultivating and activating a diverse grassroots network of patients, families and allies to advocate for positive change in our complex healthcare system. We work at community, state and federal levels supporting reforms and legislation aimed at advancing patient access to affordable, quality healthcare.
- Patients Rising Now is our advocacy portal and gateway for patients to join our network, sign up for training, and take action.
- Patients Rising Stories is our innovative story portal that enables patients to share their stories. It acts as a community for patients, caregivers, healthcare professionals and policy experts, as well as media and legislators, all while ensuring the patient’s voice is preeminent.
- The Patient Access & Affordability Project evaluates the various frameworks used to assess and demonstrate the value of new treatments to ensure that the patient is kept at the center of these decisions.
- Advocacy Master Class Training teaches patients from across therapeutic areas on key healthcare issues and different ways they can raise their voice to move the needle in healthcare.