The Patients Rising Ambassador Program
Our Ambassadors are an extension of our outreach efforts. They believe in our mission and echo it in their own advocacy. They welcome the different communities they represent into the #PatientsRisingFam, help build relationships, find community partners, and build bridges to people in need.
Our Ambassadors are well versed in our programs, and they share them when they advocate and raise awareness. This is something we need because, as an organization that helps all patients regardless of diagnosis or location, we have a wide net to cast. Our Ambassadors help identify needs, then help facilitate connection, education, awareness, and advocacy.
What is asked of our Patients Rising Ambassadors?
- Display “Patients Rising Ambassador” in their social media links and email signature.
- Have access to one-on-one or small-group self-advocacy workshops
- Participate in at least one organized outreach event (live or virtual), annually
- Create a unique entry on the Patients Rising Stories website
- Create at least one 2-minute audio correspondence advocating for something (will appear on Patients Rising Podcast)
- Consent to a video interview with Patients Rising at least once annually
- Consent to be featured on the Ambassador’s webpage on our website
- Have the opportunity to pitch campaigns or projects to Patients Rising
- Advocate for a Patients Rising program (e.g. PR Concierge) to a community group
- Participate in twice annual Ambassador meetings (virtual)
- Take the Patients Rising Ambassador pledge: “I will always honor the needs of patients and their communities in my advocacy”